A week after our fantastic Shell Beach trip I was back on yet another plane…this time I was off to meet mum and dad on the lovely island of St. Lucia….it was a really weird feeling to think that I was going to meet them after what had already been 8 months away from home. I arrived at the hotel to see mum hovering around in the hotel lobby, it was great to see them….

During our time in St. Lucia we took it pretty easy, enjoyed the sun, sea and hot showers!! I even had a hot bubble bath.... in truth it was too hot for a bath but I couldn’t resist and had to take the opportunity while I had the chance!




We took a couple of excursions whilst there… a really nice boat trip to the volcanic site, coco plantation and natural spa…..the volcanic site smelt too ‘eggy’ for my liking but at least I can tick it off my list of things that you should see!








The best trip by far, however, was horse riding....just me and mum - dad decided to stay at the hotel and work on his tan. We were lucky in that we booked the early ride and so it was just the two of us and our guide. We trekked through some woods before landing on the beach…..we were given the go ahead to have a canter... my horse was more into galloping and trying to swipe my head off under low branches, but it was really good fun none the less. After a short break we un-tacked the horses and headed out to sea. The horses were a little reluctant at times but they got as deep as their backs, they preferred to have their feet on the ground but I think we managed a few strokes. It really was a once in a life time experience and one that I will never forget. The only down side was that on the way back my horse again got a little frisky…in trying to slow him down ( as instructed by our guide) I managed to twist my back! Never mind I think it was only three or four days that I was in absolute agony and could walk properly!!




No comments: